The Department of Meteorology was established in 1994 when Dept.of Mesoscale Meteorology and Dept.of Boundary Layer united. Since June 1998 the meteorological observatories Milešovka and Kopisty have become parts of our department.
Our research topics:
- objective methods to improve the local forecast of meteorological phenomena, particularly torrential rain from convective storms
- numerical modelling of air flow within the boundary layer
- impact of cloudiness and precipitation on the attenuation of electromagnetic waves
- interpretation of meteorological radar measurements
- causes of the occurrence of extreme precipitation in the Czech Republic
More information about our research activities can be found in the section Projects.