Possible research topics:
- Climate variability and climate changes
- Extreme weather events and their simulation in climate models
- Atmospheric circulation and links to surface climate
- Weather-related impacts on human health
The position is open to candidates who have received a PhD title within the last two years (or who will soon receive it). The application is a two-stage process. In the first stage, the qualification of the applicants will be evaluated based on the provided documents; shortlisted candidates may then be invited for an interview (held by a videoconference). In the second stage, the most qualified applicant will be invited to apply for a fellowship awarded by the Czech Academy of Sciences. Applications for scholarships are submitted twice a year (April 30 and September 30)
The position is for the period of two years, starting from July 1, 2023 or January 1, 2024 (postponement of the starting date may be negotiated). The gross monthly salary will be in the range of 35,000 to 40,000 CZK.
We ask the interested persons to submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter, indicating the selected research topic
- CV with the list of publications and other relevant research outputs
- Copy of PhD diploma (or another proof of a PhD degree)
- Names and email addresses of two persons who can provide recommendation
The documents should be sent continuously by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer any questions.